.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Holocaust Revisionist

I will not attempt a Blog here in the full sense of that concept, but rather a personal journal where I will record some of the stories that thought turns to in those rare moments of clarity when I am not interfering with it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baja Norte, Mexico

Smith was raised in South Central Los Angeles in the 1930s and 40s. Smith is a combat veteran (Korea, 7th Cavalry, where he was twice wounded), has been a deputy sheriff (Los Angeles County), a bull fighter (Mexico), a merchant seaman, and was in Saigon during the Tet offensive of 1968 as a freelance writer. He has been described by the Los Angeles Times as an "anarchist libertarian," and by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith as one of the most dangerous "extremists" in America. He has been married to a Mexican woman for 30 years, there are two children, and now two grandchildren. Smith argues that the German WMD (gas-chamber) question should be examined in the routine manner that all other historical questions are examined. He argues that the Holocaust is not a "Jewish" story, but a story of Jews and Germans together--forever. Those who want to challenge the concept of the "unique monstrosity" of the Germans should be free to do so. He believes it is morally wrong, and a betrayal of the Western ideal of intellectual freedom, to imprison writers and publishers who question publicly what privately they have come to doubt.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

A New Beginning

Things change, as was noted a long time ago by a distracted Greek. What has changed here most recently is that I have realized that while I want to talk about how my pursuit of an open debate regarding the Holocaust affects my personal life, and vice versa, this is not a matter that is uppermost in the minds of those I am inviting to join with me here. Some hardly care if my back hurts, that I have no money, or that my daughter has just given birth (this morning) to a son. And so it goes, as Kurt used to have it.

Those I initially invited to post here are serious guys and want to treat serious matters seriously, so I have created a scond blog for them where they won't get their stuff mucked up with stories about Smith's personal life. I call this new blog THE HOLOCAUST STORY. It will take a couple weeks to get it off the ground. I don't like how the present template reads on my screen, and when I can get my Webmaster over here we'll straight that out.

So--from this date forward you will find the serious news stories being addressed at THE HOLOCAUST STORY, and my journal stuff here. I'm perfectly willing to hear from you on any of these matters.

I realized only as I previewed this post that the title about a new beginning was more suggestive than I had taken it to be. A new beginning here, and a new beginning on the other side where our daughter gave birth to a new beginning at 6am this morning. A boy. She called me at 8.30 to give me the news. It was her first time. I asked her if she'd enjoyed the process. She said, "Not much." She was tired. So now I'm a grandfather. Seventy-five years old. I suppose it's about time. Did I enjoy the process? Not much. Surely it will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home